Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm Being Followed By A Deer

We left the house this morning to go for a walk and a small deer stepped out from behind a wall no more that 3 feet away from us.  Naturally, I assumed the deer would turn and bolt like every other deer with any common sense but instead, he just stared at us and then, incredibly, started to approach us. Naturally, Taiga started to bark and move towards the deer and still nothing.  The deer walked up to me and pushed his nose under my arm. In an attempt to lose the deer, we started our walk. Every now and then Taiga would turn and bark and the deer would also turn and look behind as if to say, "What? Is someone following us?"  This went on for about 3 miles with the deer always about 25 feet behind us. When we got back to the house and I felt I had to do something drastic to get rid of this deer so that he would leave and find his pack. So I ran towards the deer waving my arms and screaming like a banshee to scare him off once and for all. He licked my hand. And right now, as I write this, he's standing outside the living room window just staring at me. Smiling I think. Now I know how the British must have felt dealing with Gandhi.

2 comments:

  1. You should kill that deer.
    And eat it.
    With some mashed potaoes and asparagi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that what the British did?

    ReplyDelete